商务谈判英语 看这本就够了
上QQ阅读APP看书,第一时间看更新

Chapter 11 Alter the Schedule of Payments 改变原定的付款日期

For Your Information

背景介绍

Dialog

MP3-30

A fifth bargaining chip could be to alter the schedule of payments. Because this is frequently done in construction contracts, I changed the scene to that type of job for this dialog.

第五个可以用来议价的筹码是改变原定的付款日期。因为在工程合约中这种情况常常发生,所以我在这个对话中,稍微将工作场景修改了一下。

Mel:There you go. Everything just like you requested, except the price.

好了,一切都合你的意了,除了价格以外。

Bill:Why not the price?

为什么价格不行?

Mel:Well, your terms require me to carry the cost of everything and wait for my payment until 30 days after the work is completed.

这个嘛,你的条件是要我全额负担开销,直到完工后一个月才能取款。

Bill:That's right.

没错。

I want to be sure everything is done right before I pay you off, otherwise you might not respond to my call back to complete the punch list.

我想确定全部完善后才付钱,不然,一出问题可能就联系不上你了。

Mel:I can understand that, but in the meantime I haveto cover the cost of materials and payroll for your job.

我了解你的顾虑,但是我还要负担你的材料费和工人的薪资。

The increase is to cover the cost of a short-term loan I have to get to stay in business while you wait and make sure.

为了等你那一个月,我可能要周转贷款,打平经营费用;所以反应给你的就是涨价。

Bill:How about if I alter the deal to 50%upon substantial completion and 50%within 30 days?

那我改成大致完工就后付一半,完工一个月再付一半呢?

Mel:Still the same.

还是一样。

I've got to have some front money to buy supplies, and no more than 10%retained pending fnal inspection.

我一定要有订金去买原料、补给品,所以在你检查确定前,顶多可以扣押百分之十的尾款。

Bill:Then, how do I know you'll come back and fnish the job?

那我怎么知道你会不会把工作做完?

Mel:You have my word. That's enough for most people.

我跟你保证。通常大家听我这么说就够了。

Bill:Okay, then, how's this, I buy the materials and have them delivered here, and I retain 15%for up to 30 days after the punch list.

好,这样吧。我负责买材料,并运送到这里;完工后,我会先扣百分之十五的尾款,一个月后付清。

I'll give you the rest upon substantial completion, so you can make your payroll.

只要大部分完工,我就先付百分之八十五,这样你就可以付工人薪水了。

Mel:All right, I'll do it for nothing up front, but you buy the supplies, and pay me everything except the 15%retainage, upon substantial completion.

好吧,这样没头期款我也可以动工,但你得负责购买材料,在工作大致完成后,你要支付金额的百分之八十五,扣押款不得超过百分之十五。

Bill:Done!

成交!

Vocabulary 重要词汇

MP3-31

punch list 后续表单

payroll 薪资总额

alter 改变

front money 订金

retainage 尾款